Wednesday, November 9, 2011

VENDOR SPOTLIGHT: Quetzal Handmade

Tell us a little bit about your blog and/or shop.

I am the girl behind the sewing machine at Quetzal Handmade!  I’ve been addicted to sewing for a little over 10 years and have loved it from the first minute I sat down at my first machine.  As a full time Mom with a full time job (working from home) sewing and crafting time became scarce (or non-existent really!)  I started my blog in February 2011 because I would like to run my own handmade business someday and having a blog became a way for me to stay encouraged and motivated in working towards that goal.  Free time is so very limited for me and I knew that if I completed at least one handmade item each week, I could post it on my blog and at the end of my first year I’d feel really accomplished!  Then my plan was to sell everything at the end of the year at a handmade market – and that’s where Holiday Handmade came in!  My blog is all about my handmade accomplishments, my love for flea markets, finding vintage treasures, re-purposing and re-using, DIY projects and was mainly started to help me follow my heart and (slowly but surely) chase down my dreams!


What is your favorite product in your shop right now?
 
My favorite products in the shop right now I would say are my banners, the different aprons I’ve completed (for both child and adult) and also my felt pin cushions that could also be used as ornaments.  I make a little bit of everything but I really love making aprons, banners and small creative items out of felt and embroidery thread.




 
Favorite fall activity with your family?
I love fall and spending time with my family!  During this time of year we love to make fall crafts for our home, visit pumpkin patches, carve pumpkins together, bake, drink warm cider (or hot cocoa) and snuggle up with our kids for movies on chilly fall days.


What are you looking forward to about Holiday Handmade?
 
Holiday Handmade will be my first ever experience selling at a handmade market.  I love shopping at handmade markets and have always dreamed of being a handmade vendor!  I look forward to seeing how my items are received and where this will take Quetzal Handmade.  I would say I am most excited about the experience of being a handmade vendor and meeting the shoppers and the many other talented vendors. 



 
Where we can find you?
You can find me at: my blog at quetzalhandmade.blogspot.com.  After the boutique and at the beginning of the New Year I plan to start listing my items on esty and my blog will give all the details of that update when the time comes.  


1 comment:

  1. Nice items. Hope you are continuing to enjoy stitching. I've been sewing since I was a little girl and love, love, love to stitch.

    ReplyDelete